Sealy’s commitment to helping the world sleep better has made it the number one mattress company on the market. Their design, leadership, and superior manufacturing have allowed them to continue a legacy that began in 1881.
Sealy brings over a century of ingenuity to every mattress they produce. It began when a cotton gin builder named Daniel Haynes took a single order for a cotton-filled mattress. His attention to detail and quality led to a demand for his mattresses, growing his reputation for innovation. His ability to understand what was required to create a high-quality mattress led to many patents, including a cotton compressing machine.
Haynes sold his patents after 15 years to a Texas Company who kept the name Sealy. With the development of their slogan “Sleeping on a Sealy is like sleeping on a cloud,” Sealy mattresses became a household name, and by 1920 they had 23 licensed plants. They remained in business even throughout the Great Depression when they introduced their Button-Free Innerspring.
Sealy has continued to stick to their original mantra with their commitment to helping the world get a better night’s sleep. They have marked many new innovations including their most recognizable product, the Sealy Posturepedic mattress.
They also introduced many industry firsts including:
- The display and advertisement of a king-sized bed
- The creation of an Orthopedic Advisory Board
- The reinvention of the box spring and innerspring coil
- Introduction of mattress technology designed to reduce tossing and turning with patented Posture Channels and Pressure Relief Inlays to relieve pressure points
Sealy expanded their interest in the luxury mattress market, adding the Stearns & Foster Company to their brand in 1983. This company shares the same heritage and mission as Sealy and for over a century have been dedicated to manufacturing luxury mattresses with true craftsmanship.
Sealy ensures high-quality materials and parts in every mattress. With 25 bedding plants in the U.S., they have dedicated three to producing innerspring and foundation component parts, and one to produce their own latex.
They continue their commitment to providing a good night’s sleep with made to order Sealy Posturepedic® mattresses manufactured in their Canadian manufacturing centres. That means when you buy a Sealy mattress, you know it is made right here in Canada.
The Benefits of Sealy Mattresses
The Sealy Posturepedic mattress is designed to provide comfort and support with these unique features:
- StayTrue Foams and Fibres: These specially designed materials will provide a consistent level of comfort for years, offering support and insulating your body.
- High-Density Gel Infused StayTrue Foams: Sealy’s CertiPUR-US® approved foams are pre-compressed for durability in hand with long-lasting comfort throughout the night.
- CoreSupport Centre™: One of Sealy’s patented features, the CoreSupport Centre is inserted where 60% of the body mass lays to ensure you receive the most support where it is needed.
- Posturepedic Innerspring: Push-back support is provided by ultra-strong, twice tempered Posturepedic® coils so that support is based on the weight applied. This provides customized support based on the individual.
- Posturepedic® Pocket Coils: Conforming comfort is provided with pocket coils that have been electronically heat tempered for durability and superior support on pressure points.
- SolidEdge™ Support: Using a strong foam edge, the Sealy mattress provides additional support around the total perimeter of the mattress. This means you feel more secure during sleep.
Health & Well-Being
Sealy uses CertiPUR-US®, a flexible polyurethane foam that undergoes intense testing before being certified by an accredited laboratory. This ensures the foam meets the following criteria for not only your health and well-being, but the well-being of the planet. When you choose a Sealy, you can be sure that your mattress is:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP, or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
Our Sealy Mattresses
We can help you find the perfect mattress from our full range of Sealy mattresses. We can help you determine which mattress works best for your needs and budget.
Our Sealy mattresses include:
- Sealy Spring Free Solomon Tight Top
- Sealy Spring Free Uchida Euro Top
- Sealy Clearance Kobe Euro Top Plush
- Sealy Clearance Kobe Euro Top Firm
- Sealy Posturepedic Provost Tight Top Extra Firm
- Sealy Posturepedic Sunfield Euro Top Firm
- Sealy Posturepedic Proback Sunfield Euro Top Plush
Why Shop at Mattressville?
We’re the mattress store Toronto trusts. Our experts can help you find the comfort you deserve with our Sealy Mattress Collection. We can help make selecting the right firmness easy, offering expert advice and a welcoming showroom to experience Sealy mattresses first hand. We also offer a convenient and efficient mattress store online for Mississauga residents and customers across the GTA.
We stand behind the mattresses we sell offering not only the Full Manufacturer Warranty, but also our own Comfort Guarantee. Our Comfort Guarantee allows you to request a replacement for your new mattress if you find that it’s the wrong comfort level for you within the first 60 days of delivery.
We support our customers with affordable prices that allow you to purchase the best mattress, not just the lowest priced mattress. We offer a Price Match Guarantee and we will beat any competitor’s price by 5%. Our simple showroom is focused on value, not design, passing on the savings to you.
You can also rely on unbiased advice by our non-commissioned mattress experts. We are happy to offer friendly advice based on our knowledge as trained Sleep Consultants. There is never any pressure and we encourage you to try out the beds to get the full experience. We want you to find the perfect mattress that will provide you with uninterrupted sleep.
For more information on finding your perfect mattress, call Mattressville at (905) 212-7722 or contact us here.